We allow one ad per item or service on the website which is active for 180 days.
Posting by minors under the age of 16 is not allowed. Minors must have their guardian post content on their behalf and the guardian must act as the primary contact.
We reserve the right to remove any listing that we feel are not relevant or of any value to our users, with or without notice.
We reserve the right to restrict the use of Postanote.co.nz from those who regularly break our Posting Policy.
You are responsible for marking your listing as “sold” immediately upon the sale of the item advertised. Instructions on how to mark your listing as sold are found here on the Help page.
Further, you agree to NOT:
- Place multiple listing for the same item or service in more than one city on the website
- Place multiple listing for the same item or service by placing it in multiple categories on the website
- Create multiple accounts or use multiple email addresses to post the same item or service
- Mark listing as “sold” prior to its expiry date and then post a new listing for the same item or service
- Delete content of the listing once sold
- Knowingly place listing into the wrong category
- Post listing in a used goods for sale category for anything other than an item for sale - no exceptions
- Promote bidding of an item through a competitive website
- Post the same item or service in such a way as to monopolize the Latest Ads list
- Post inappropriate, offensive or illegal content
- Post an listing that defames an individual or business
- Post items or services listed in our Prohibited Items and Services Policy
- Post copyrighted content (i.e. photos) or sell copyright material unless you have the copyright owner's permission
- Post website links in the title, picture or description of your listing (there is a specific field for this)
- Post website links in your listing to affiliate programs
- Post website links in your listing to other items listed for sale
- Post listing on this site if your usual country of residence is not NEW ZEALAND
- Post items for sale that are not located in NEW ZEALAND
- Post items for sale that you are not in possession of (items that are custom order must be declared along with a deposit request if it is required)
- Post listing for goods you know to have been stolen
- Fill in the email address field with a fake email address
- Answer untruthfully when prompted for “Is this item new?”, “Are you a commercial seller?” and when asked to specify your location
- Engage in keyword spamming
- Solicitate sellers in order to promote a commercial business
In addition to these general rules, below are some specific category and type of advertiser rules that you need to be aware of. These will help you understand what rules apply to your ad.
Businesses are limited to one listing per website when advertising their services. These listing must be listed in the “Services” category. You are welcome to include a link to your website in the “Website Link” field when placing your ad. Please do not put your website address in the title, picture or description of your listing.
You are welcome to post listings for individual items. The title, price, description and photos (if applicable) must match. Commercial sellers may be limited to 25 listings per day and must select the commercial seller indicator when placing an listing. You are welcome to include a link to your website in the “Website Link” field when placing your listing. Please do not put your website address in the title, picture or description of your listing.
In order for your listing to be placed in this category, you must check the “free” indicator when placing your listing. This category is reserved for those who genuinely want to give their item away for free. Items wanted for free should be placed in the applicable category of the item with the “wanted” indicator checked. The free category is for items only. Please do not post any free services in this category; free services must be posted in the “Services” category. We will remove any listings in this category with a price associated with it.
This category is reserved for those wishing to hire or for those looking for a position. Listings for business services are to be posted in the “Service” category. Those who are seeking a job must check the “wanted” box. The following types of jobs are prohibited from our site:
- Listings that do not state what type of work would be required
- Listings requesting a photo from applicant
- Listings involving sexual or illegal activities
- MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) jobs (these are to be posted in “Services>Business Opportunities & MLMs” category)
- Pyramid schemes and jobs that require payment upfront
- Medical trials
- Listings that contain links to recruitment websites
- Listings that require registration or charge a fee for receiving further information
If you are a recruitment agency, please identify yourself as such.
We do not permit vague listings for models or acting jobs. Registered modeling or acting business are free to post but must include company details.
Requests for models by artists and photographers are not permitted. We suggest contacting local art colleges and academies.
MLM (Multi-Level Marketing)
We do not allow vague listings for business opportunities. Your listing needs to include the name of the company, a description of what the company does, and the details concerning the product or service you are offering. These types of listings need to be posted in the “Services > Business Opportunities & MLMs” category.
You are welcome to include a link to your website in the “Website Link” field when placing your listing if the website provides additional information on the product or service you are offering. However, the link you provide cannot simply be a website that directs our users to a page where they must provide their contact details in an effort to receive additional information. Please do not put your website address in the title, picture or description of your listing.
Pet Category Postings
As of 23 January, 2017, the sale of domestic pets on Postanote.co.nz is prohibited. Small re-homing or adoption fees are encouraged, but listings from breeders or those suspected of profiting from the sale of pets are not allowed.
There are many reputable breeders who operate in a responsible and humane way. However, Postanote.co.nz is unable to distinguish between responsible breeders and those profiting from the sale of pets with little regard for animal welfare, including overpopulation.
Please adhere to these rules when posting a pet listing:
- We do not allow the sale of pets from commercial sellers, breeders or anyone suspected of profiting from the sale of pets
- We do not allow any postings of dogs or cats less than eight weeks of age unless they are from a registered non-profit welfare agency and their birth date and re-homing date are clearly stated
- We do not allow posting for upcoming litters that are not born yet
- Date of birth must be clearly stated in the ad
- You may only post in a city located in your province of residence
- Shipment of pets is not permitted
- Photos must be provided and must be of the pet(s) you are rehoming
- No breeding or studding services for domestic pets
- Please note: pet postings may not be renewed. If your pet has not been rehomed within 30 days, please post a new ad
All listings posted or edited in our Pet category will be viewed by a live moderator within 48 hours. Please do not repost your listing during this time. This allows us the opportunity to ensure only listings that meet our Pet Posting Policy are allowed. If you see a pet posting you suspect is from someone profiting from the sale of a pet, please use the “Report Ad” button.
We will, at our discretion, with or without notice, remove any listings that we believe indicate signs of animal cruelty or if we suspect sellers of profiting from the sale of pets.
Upon request, Postanote.co.nz may release your personal contact information, photographs, and any other animal related information to authorities, as permitted by law.
Real Estate Category
NZ Tenancy law rights and responsibilities can be found here:
We ask that property owners and managers posting listings for rentals do not contravene any NZ Tenancy laws in the description of their post.
You are welcome to include a link to your website in the “Website Link” field when placing your listing. Please do not put your website address in the title, picture or description of your post.
Please only post about what is wanted. Listings that incite a sense of obligation to give to or buy from a seller will be removed.
Items related to COVID-19
In light of growing concerns regarding COVID-19, Used.ca will not be allowing ads that price gouge in an attempt to profit on this virus. We reserve the right to remove items including, but not limited to, face masks, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. Furthermore, Used.ca does not tolerate false claims made about COVID-19. Any ads that make scientifically unsupported claims concerning treatment or prevention of the virus will be removed with or without warning.